Hybrid Heat: How does it work?
What is the HYBRID HEAT dual fuel system by Carrier?
The Hybrid Heat™ comfort system gives you the comfort of gas heat and the efficiency of a heat pump. In the Northwest you might use your gas furnace about 15% of the time in the winter months. The Heat Pump will keep you very comfortable for the other 85% of the time – and cost you less to operate. Plus, the heat pump provides crispy cool comfort in the summertime. Two for One!
With today’s rising uncertainty surrounding utility costs, homeowners nationwide are becoming more and more interested in finding the best, most economical solution for indoor heating and cooling. Specialty Heating and Cooling can create customized home comfort systems that are tailored to your needs with a broad selection of residential heating and cooling products. We can help you choose the best system for your home, including a HYBRID HEAT dual fuel system designed to maximize comfort and economy for your home HVAC needs.HYBRID HEAT dual fuel systems deliver exceptional performance by using a heating source that provides its most energy-efficient comfort during moderate heating conditions. As the temperature drops outside, the system automatically switches to your second heating source when that becomes the most economical way to keep your family comfortable.
Carrier’s HYBRID HEAT dual fuel system includes an Infinity® 96 gas furnace and the Carrier Infinity® 20 heat pump with Greenspeed Intelligence to achieve soothing, superior comfort during the operation of both the heat pump and furnace. This powerful combination can deliver warmer air temperatures than most traditional heat pumps so air from your vents feels warmer to the touch.
With a Carrier HYBRID HEAT dual fuel system that can deliver a cool, indoor comfort when the air outside is hot, this Hybrid Heat system becomes your total, year-round indoor comfort solution. With the latest increase in the SEER rating (SEER = Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) of air conditioners and heat pumps, a HYBRID HEAT dual fuel system could also save you money during the winter season.
Which ever control best fits your needs, you can count on automatic control of your HYBRID HEAT dual fuel system. Specialty Heating and Cooling will select a balance point that tells your control when it’s best to select electric heat and when it’s time to switch to furnace operation. As utility rates in your area change, this balance point can be easily adjusted Specialty Heating and Cooling. To get the best efficiency from your Hybrid Heat system, we recommend taking advantage of the seven day programmability to select a comfort schedule custom-fit to your lifestyle.