June has arrived and the amazing weather will be here to stay for a while. The heat will become a regular part of each day and that means your HVAC system needs to be up for the challenge of keeping you and your family cool throughout the season. Here are some important to-do items for June that should be put on your checklist.
- Check air filters: During the months that you’re using your cooling system a lot, your filter should be checked and cleaned regularly. Your filter helps keep contaminants and other harmful toxins out of the air you breathe, so it’s important to keep it clean and/or replaced regularly for optimal efficiency. In addition, filters will help protect the system and keep it working for optimal home comfort. Unless you have an advanced filtration system in place, the main function of the filter is to protect the system.
- Inspect air registers and vents: Blocking vents and air registers inside your home can cause your system to work harder than it needs to, and it can also block air flow and circulation, causing uneven temperatures throughout your home.
- Keep debris away from the outside unit: Spring is a great time to get outside and clean up your yard. While you’re out there, be sure to remove any debris, branches, or other shrubbery that could interfere with the outside air conditioning unit or heat pump. Over time, debris, leaves, and dirt can get inside the system and clog it, causing unnecessary problems.
- Keep your thermostat at the desired temperature: Don’t allow your home to get too hot. Keep your thermostat set at the temperature that you feel most comfortable all day and night. If you don’t, the air conditioner will have to work harder to cool your house down and that translates to increased energy use in addition to putting strain on your machine.
- Schedule your annual service appointment: If you don’t take care of your HVAC system over the long haul, it won’t last as long as it normally would and could break down, right when you need it most. To ensure that your system operates well all year long, it’s very important to schedule annual service appointments with our team. We’ll do some simple preventative maintenance on it, which could include checking the inside components, cleaning/replacement of air filters, and double check that there are no repairs to be made or parts to be replaced.
Whether you live in a newly built home or an older home, our service technicians are experienced in servicing a variety of systems and brands. Contact us today to make sure you have your service appointment scheduled in time for the June weather!