This year has been incredibly devastating for millions of people. With COVID-19 continuing to wreak havoc and cases still increasing, restrictions on gatherings, indoor dining, and more have become the norm. Whether it’s the flu, the common cold, or the pandemic that may threaten to damper your fall and winter, it’s important to find ways to keep you and your family healthy this holiday season. Here, we have some tips on how to do that.
#1: Invest in a home duct purification system.
Knowing that your home has the cleanest air possible is a great feeling. We install the Reme Halo by RGF. This system been proven to kill up to 99% of bacteria, mold and viruses, including those that live on surfaces. A recent environmental group study also showed that the REME Halo inactivates COVID-19. They are both easily integrated with your existing HVAC system. Having one of these in your home is one of the most effective ways to stay healthy all year long.
#2: Stay on top of preventative maintenance.
Staying warm and comfortable during the coldest days and nights of fall and winter will help keep you healthier. Preventative maintenance will ensure that your system is running reliably, so you won’t need to worry about a surprise system breakdown. These also help prolong the life of the system, so you don’t need to replace it prematurely.
#3: Clean or replace your filters.
Are your air filters clean? They need to be cleaned or replaced every other month. These filters capture dirt, dander, bacteria, dust, and other harmful substances that try to make their way into your home. If they get clogged in the filter and build up, the dirt and bacteria will continually recirculate back into your home.
Our commitment to health and safety:
Along with you, our team at Specialty Heating and Cooling will continue to navigate the many changes that the coronavirus has brought to our world. We continue to make the health and safety of our employees and our customers the highest priority through each and every interaction we have with one another. Our company continues to take the following precautions:
- All service technicians, installers and consultants have been outfitted with gloves, masks, booties, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes
- We keep our conversations and time limited with you, only providing essential services in your home
- Both our office team and field teams will remain home if they are not feeling well or if someone in their home is not feeling well
- We communicate with our teams consistently to ensure that they are healthy
- We respect the 6-feet rule of social distance
- We will not have you sign anything that is unnecessary & have protocols in place to limit interaction and signatures required on iPads
Contact us today with any questions you may have about our safety procedures that are in place, so you can feel confident having us in your home to get your furnace repair, maintained, or installed. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you.